First and foremost, before you start to earn money, there is an order and some rules as well as laws we all require to follow in conjunction to the country that we’re in.
In the UK, the below four points are extremely important: -
- Understanding the benefits of becoming self-employed or starting a limited company
- How to register as self-employed or as a limited company (5 minute process).
- Self assessment and tax benefits of being self-employed or with a limited company.
Now, let’s list tools and start-up costs for an Eco CarWash business: -
- Shine and wax spray = £10
- Microfibre cloth = £3
- Hoover = £15 and upwards
- Personal liability insurance = £43 and upwards
The total cost to start your Eco Car Wash business today is £71! There’s no excuse, because I’ve done it myself! (Dry-Clean)
Developing your Eco Car Cleaning business
- Becoming more time efficient when washing cars is the best course of action for both you and the customer. The initial process of cleaning a car is around between 30-45 minutes (body wash), to 90 minutes(including a valet), which can be reduced by hiring an employee, or by doing it with a family member or friend. The more cars you wash, the more money you make.
- Expand your business by hiring or purchasing a van and installing a pressure washer. In this scenario, the initial process of cleaning a car reduces by 15-30 minutes, and in the long-term this can pay for what you have invested in to hire or purchase your van, and buy all the equipment necessary to have a successful mobile car wash company. You can also expand and go to different areas, resulting in new business and spreading the name of your company at the same time.
- Once your business is growing at a satisfactory rate, then purchasing better equipment should be on your list. The better your tools, the better the clean and finish. This could also be a great marketing strategy, as people appreciate a tradesman who invests in the equipment they use. You could also seek out more expensive cars to clean, and this is where your prices goes up.
Helpful tips - Always maintain the highest quality/finish possible, regardless of how busy you become and who you hire. Washing cars is a physically exhausting job, so it’s highly advisable implementing a ‘final check’ before you complete a customers car to ensure consistent customer satisfaction.
You could also introduce an online customer satisfaction survey, and introduce social media platforms showing off your business, the cars you’ve cleaned (before and after photos),and the customers and/or their reviews of the service they’ve received.Transparency and feedback is always important for repeat business and new business alike.